Thursday, June 25, 2009

How to file ITR for Asst. Yr. 2009-10 without UTN

How to file ITR for Asst Yr 2009-10 without getting UTN in TDS certificates is a big problem assessees face.

Whether to file ITR without UTN or wait till we get UTN from Income Tax Dept. People are confused.

I received the following message from a friend worth sharing with you.

Aware of the problem, the CBDT is in the process of amending this rule. Shishir Jha, CBDT spokesperson, says, "Action is being taken to ensure that assessees do not face any difficulty. Individuals are requested to wait a week for clarifications."

No comments: